I am shocked it took me so long to try making these mini ham and sharp cheddar quiche. I love quiche and make full-sized ones all the time. I have a busy week coming so I wanted to make a quick and simple quiche that my kids or I could grab on the run. This time though, I decided to make some mini quiche. I had a store-bought pie crust on hand and looked to see what else I had in the refrigerator. There was a little bit of smoked ham and some sharp cheddar–perfect. I decided to make them in a larger muffin tin so they would be wide but thin. They cooked in 15 minutes and tasted fantastic. To be honest, I ate three of them while I was taking these photographs. My kids came home from school and devoured two each within minutes. I am looking forward to trying other variations of these tasty little quiches!
How to Make Mini Ham and Sharp Cheddar Quiche
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- 1/2 cup ham finely diced
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar grated
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Remove one pie crust from the pouch; place on a flat surface.
- With a 3-inch round cutter, cut 12 rounds from each crust (you will have to re-roll the scraps).
- Press 1 pie crust round into the bottom and up sides of each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle a bit of ham in each cup followed by a touch of shredded cheese.
- Whisk the eggs together with the milk until very well combined; about 2 minutes.
- Season with a bit of sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste; whisk to combine.
- Carefully ladle some of the egg mixture into each cup making sure not to go above the crust.
- Place into the oven and bake until the egg is fluffy and cooked through and the crust is golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes before placing them on a serving plate.
- Serve with your favorite hot sauce, if desired. Enjoy.